Toyota is now offering trial periods of Safety and Service Connect for up to 10 years for customers with select models. Available services include 24-hour emergency assistance, 24-hour enhanced roadside assistance, automatic collision notification, and a stolen vehicle locator. As described by Toyota, Safety and Service Connect is a suite of services that help drivers stay connected and secure when an unexpected event happens.
“We are constantly looking at ways to offer our customers enhanced driving experiences,” said Steve Basra, Group Vice President, Connected Technologies, Toyota Motor North America. “With our new extended trial for Safety Connect and Service Connect, a wide range of services enable Toyota owners to enjoy more peace of mind when behind the wheel.”
Toyota Safety Connect Features
Safety Connect is built around four key features:
- Emergency Assistance: Provides a 24-hour connection to response center agents via a button inside the cabin. Live operators can dispatch the necessary emergency services during an accident or medical event.
- Automatic Collision Notification: Toyota’s 24-hour response center will automatically be notified after an airbag deployment or severe rear-end collision. The live agent will attempt to speak with occupants, then notify emergency services of the vehicle’s location.
- Enhanced Roadside Assistance: Provides customers with jumpstarts, fuel delivery, tire repair or replacement, and towing and winching for no additional cost. In the event of an accidental lockout, drivers can use the Toyota app to receive assistance.
- Stolen Vehicle Locator: If a vehicle is stolen, response center agents will assist authorities in locating the vehicle using GPS technology immediately after filing a police report.
Toyota Service Connect Features
Service Connect is built around three key features:
- Maintenance Reminders: Can be sent to owners via email, the Toyota app, or the Toyota Owners’ account.
- Vehicle Health Report: The latest recall and service information, vehicle warnings and alerts, and other maintenance notifications are stored in the Toyota app.
- Vehicle Maintenance Alert: When an owner opts for this service, vehicle and maintenance alerts can be shared with a preferred dealer. The dealer’s service department can contact the customer when routine maintenance is needed.
The extended trials of Safety Connect and Service Connect will be available for a range of 2023 model-year Toyota vehicles, including the bZ4X, Corolla, Corolla Hatchback, Corolla Cross, Crown, GR Corolla, Highlander, RAV4, Sequoia, Tundra, and Venza.