This comprehensive, seven-hour workshop will feature content developed and presented by Harvey Weinberg, Director of Sensor Technologies at Microtech Ventures. The workshop will offer an overview of how coherent modulation techniques are used in the automotive domain. We will focus on FMCW in particular, as it is currently the main technology in automotive coherent modulation techniques, and we will also touch on some newer trends and techniques as well. We will cover the following topics:
1) What is coherent modulation and how does it compare to direct detection.
2) What is FMCW (frequency-modulated continuous-wave).
3) What are the advantages and disadvantages of FMCW detection.
4) Where has FMCW been adopted in the automotive domain and why is it popular in those applications.
5) FMCW theory of operation.
6) Pros and cons of different FMCW waveforms.
7) Digital coherent modulation techniques.
8) FFT processing of FMCW data for range and velocity measurement.
9) Mutual interference in coherent detection systems.
10) FMCW in automotive radar.
11) FMCW in automotive LIDAR.
12) FMCW in ultrasonic ranging.
We will discuss the automotive FMCW ecosystem including players such as radar chip companies (Texas Instruments, NXP, Analog Devices, Arbe, Infineon, STMicroelectronics, Uhnder); automotive Tier 1s (Aptiv, Bosch, Continental, Denso, Hella, Hitachi, Magna, Mobileye, Nidec-Elesys, Tung Thih, Veoneer/Qualcomm, ZF); startups (Ainstein, Bitsensing, General Radar, Ghostwave, Oculii/Ambarella, Smart Radar Systems); in-cabin radar makers (Caaresys/Harman, Novelic, Vayyar, IEE Sensing, Neteera); FMCW LIDAR makers (Aeva, Analog Photonics, Baraja, Blackmore, Infoworks, Innovusion, Insight LIDAR, Kyber Photonics, LightIC Technologies, Mobileye, Scantinel Photonics, SiLC, Voyant Photonics); and tunable laser makers (Agiltron, Bandwidth10, Lumentum, Modulight, Optilab, RPMC Lasers).
This workshop will be presented by Harvey Weinberg, Director of Sensor Technologies at Microtech Ventures, a global firm focused on investments, M&A advisory services, management consulting, and business development for sensors, MEMS, and microtechnology companies.