This two-day workshop will feature over 10 hours of content developed and presented by Harvey Weinberg, Director of Sensor Technologies at Microtech Ventures. The workshop will offer a comprehensive overview of the EV charging business and technology ecosystem and will cover the following topics:
1) The car electrification megatrend. Growth of adoption of EVs globally and by region. Factors that are driving this growth and headwinds limiting the speed of adoption.
2) EV charger infrastructure. Various standards and the corresponding number of charge points globally and regionally. Differences in charger availability and why there is such a large variance even within countries. Cost of installing and managing new infrastructure.
3) EV charging and its effect on power grids. How do level 2 and level 3 charging affect the grid differently. What will be necessary to grow charger capacity.
4) How will energy storage systems, renewables, and vehicle-to-grid change the landscape.
5) The impact of 250kW (and greater) chargers. What it means to infrastructure and the effect of fast charging on batteries.
6) New charging modalities, including mobile and wireless charging, and what the future looks like for these emerging technologies.
7) Needed technology developments to make the future happen. From semiconductors, to connectors, to software.
8) We will discuss the ecosystem of EV charging, including players such as: ABB, AddEnergie, Blink Charging, Bosch, BP Pulse, ChargePoint, Delta, Driivz, Efacec, EVBox, EVgo, GreenFlux, Green Motion/Eaton, Electrify America, Everon, Infineon, NewMotion/Shell, Ionity, Noodoe, Nuvve, ON Semiconductor, Pod Point, Rohm, STMicroelectronics, Schneider Electric, SemaConnect, Siemens, Signet, Star Charge, Swarco, Teld New Energy, Tesla, Tritium, Wallbox, Webasto, WiTricity, and Wolfspeed (non-exhaustive list).
This workshop will be presented by Harvey Weinberg, Director of Sensor Technologies at Microtech Ventures, a global firm focused on investments, M&A advisory services, management consulting, and business development for sensors, MEMS, and microtechnology companies.